Monday, June 8, 2015

The truth will set you free

The truth will set you free.

So I have heard many many times. I have never really understood this statement. I have always swept my sins under a pretty little chevron rug. Making sure the dirtiest mess was tucked nicely under the edges. If only I could make it through Sunday morning. If only I won't mess up and say something that reflect poorly on my character. If only I could go through the week with no one seeing my computer search screen, or hear me sing the vulgar Nicki Minaj songs that have such a great beat (we will just ignore the lyrics). If only my past of crossing boundaries within my marriage aren't spoken of, or heaven forbid the mistakes I made that cost me what I thought was my perfect life plan.  Lord, I apologize for putting you on the back burner while I tried to sort all of these things out. I tried like a tired and weary worn out being. No life. No direction. No guidance from my Father. Just wandering around like a helpless lost sheep. Folks let me tell you something. The truth will set you free.  We are not perfect. But we are made perfect in Him! Because of Jesus we are able to have fellowship with our Father. Our creator. I could tell you every little thing that I've done that is disgraceful to us humans. But the second I quit trying to manage it all myself and literally laid it at His feet, he took me in. And what had been so unmanageable became something that wasn't mine to bear any longer. Thank you Lord. There is nothing we can do to make him love us more and nothing we can do to make him love us less. I will tell u, having true relationship with God has changed my life. Completely. It's amazing what He will do if you simply allow Him.

Thank you for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment